Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tuned in Thursday

Every once in a while, I hear a song - a song that speaks to me.  Volumes, even.  

Whether it be speaking about my mood, my memories - or just fitting that time in my life, there happen to be songs, that I hear at JUST the right time.   This one - makes me laugh, and relaxes me EVERY single time I hear it.   I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.




Pray for You:   Jaron & The Long Road to Love


I havent been to church since I don’t remember when 
Things were goin’ great ‘til they fell apart again 
So I listened to the preacher as he told me what to do 
He said you can’t go hatin’ others who have done wrong to you 
Sometimes we get angry, but we must not condemn 
Let the good Lord do His job and you just pray for them 

I pray your brakes go out runnin’ down a hill 
I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the head like I’d like to 
I pray your birthday comes and nobody calls 
I pray you’re flyin’ high when your engine stalls 
I pray all your dreams never come true 
Just know whereever you are honey, I pray for you 

I’m really glad I found my way to church 
‘Cause I’m already feelin’ better and I thank God for the words 
Yeah I’m goin’ take the high road 
And do what the preacher told me to do 
You keep messin’ up and I’ll keep prayin’ for you 

I pray your tire blows out at 110 
I pray you pass out drunk with your best friend and wake up with his and her tattoos 

I pray your brakes go out runnin’ down a hill 
I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the head like I’d like to 
I pray your birthday comes and nobody calls 
I pray you’re flyin’ high when your engine stalls 
I pray all your dreams never come true 
Just know whereever you are, near or far, in your house or in your car, 
wherever you are honey, I pray for you. 
I pray for you

http://www.onlylyrics.com/hits.php?grid=8&id=1040119


4 comments:

Jessi said...

oh, I love you Amy but I hate that song.

Amy said...

LOL Jessi, it fits a certain relationship in my life, that I wish I didn't have to deal with.

It makes me giggle, because some days, when dealing with said relationship ... it's how I feel <3

Jessi said...

It's a nice tune and I think I'd probably like it better if someone hadn't recently told me that's what they would like to see happen to me. Remember our convo at breakfast? Yeah. Fail. LOL. I still love you though

Amy said...

Who do I need to cut - seriously, give me the address.

<3 chin up lovely, you are amazing. EFF THEM.

I love you too