Thursday, March 11, 2010

Two for One!

So I know I blogged already, but since I have this tasty new recipe that I'll be trying Saturday - I thought I'd share it with you (I already shared it with a friends blog, so why not here too??!!)

Stole this from CampbellsKitchen.com or AOL.com actually.
THOUGH I did alter it a little, and added pasta ... I like to put my own spin on things.

Lemon Herb Chicken Primavera

Prep time: 0 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
4 - skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/8 tsp - garlic powder
1 can (10 3/4 oz) - condensed cream of mushroom soup
(you can use either the regular, or the fat free, or 25% less sodium kind, it's your choice)
1/2 cup - milk
1 Tblspn - lemon juice
1/4 tsp - dried basil leaves - crushed
1 bag (16oz.) - frozen vegetables - (it calls for cauliflower, broccoli and carrots - I chose a different mix, carrots, peas, corn, green beans {ETC} because I don't eat broccoli or cauliflower)
1 box (16oz) - bow tie (Farfelle) pasta

Directions:
- Season your chicken with Garlic powder
- Spray skillet with vegetable cooking spray, heat approximately 1 minute
- Add you chicken and cook until brown.
- Add soup, milk, lemon juice, basil and vegetables - heat to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, or until chicken & vegetables are cooked through.
- While that's cooking - cook your pasta as directed.

Once everything is done, serve the chicken and vegetables over the bow tie pasta and enjoy.

I'm making this Saturday night, I'll add croissants (the garlic butter croissant recipe from a few weeks back) and a white wine - either a White Zin or White Merlot.  (my two favorite wines ... ever.)

No comments: