Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Work Is a Four Letter Word ...

Besides the obvious, that being writing (in case you weren't sure where I was going with that) - there are a few things in life that I enjoy immensely.

A few of those things include reading, listening to music, photography, and spending time with my family.  I enjoy it even more, if I can do more than one of those at a time.

This past weekend Mike, Emily and I went to DeMerritt Hill Farm in Lee, in an attempt to pick some late season apples.   Wouldn't you know it, the trees were bare.  They let us wander around a section of the orchard, and we were told we could pick anything off the trees we saw, and if there were any decent ones on the ground, we could take those too - at 0.50 cents a pound .. of course, there weren't any.

Though, we did have a great time wandering through the trees, giggling and taking pictures as we went.  It was a beautiful evening, one of those ... almost perfect types, where the weather is just right, the mood is perfect and the company is great.

We went later in the day, nearly 5pm, because Emily wasn't feeling well and had taken a super long nap.  And by the time we got there, she was bouncy, chipper and so ready to go.  So once we let her out of the van, it was like trying to tie down a Tasmanian devil!

After making a few jokes, and a few laps around the little portion of the orchard we were allowed in, snapping pictures as we went, we decided to head into the store to see what they had to offer for apple flavored treats, or what have you.

We ended up with 1/2 peck of cortlands and a 1/2 peck of macs - awesome baking apples.  As well as a half dozen fresh, home made apple donuts.

I don't think there is anything I enjoy more, than wandering around with Mike and Emi, and my camera .. maybe, if we had taken the dogs ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Love this!

Ess Gee said...

I so love your warm fuzzy apple picking story! (((squidge)))