Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"When life is more than you can stand, kneel."

A very great friend of mine had that line in her blog the other day, and it's from a book she read (that I'll be picking up this weekend ...) this quote, gave me pause.

I stole it Jessi!   Thank You!!!

With all the drama, stress, strife, agitation and anger in the world today, it's time to count your blessings - or as it is, it's time for ME to count mine.  You get to read them.

So thanks for that too Jessi!  You gave me this idea for this blog, and I've been trying to find the right words to print here, and I think I may have found them.

2009 is winding down, and this time of year, every year, we all make resolutions -- what we're going to do better next year, what we're thankful for this year, what we want and hope for next year.  I refuse to make resolutions, every year, I make resolutions, and I fail to keep them.   I know, I need to be a stronger person.  I need to keep my Faith in myself, I need to do all sorts of things ... but this time, I need to remember what I'm thankful for, and what I DO have in my life.

The year has been good to me.  No matter what I say to the contrary, this year has been good to me.   This year has been good to my family, and my friends.  Sure, there have been bad things, sad things, horrible things, awful things, and borderline things - but for the most part, this year has been full of blessings.

My Blessings ... as I see them ...


* I have a beautiful family.  A beautiful husband, and a beautiful daughter.  Wonderful parents, and sisters, (and their other halves) that are always there if and when I need them, and even when I don't.


* We have a beautiful home, that we have worked so hard to keep, and make beautiful, and ours.

* We have some of the greatest friends, that are always there when we need them.  And even when we just want them around.

* I have two amazing dogs, and a fantastic cat.

* I have another guardian angel, even though Rufus is gone, he's with me.

* With the loss of a great friend, we've found those that mean the most to us, are still here for us.


It may not seem like a lot to everyone else, but those few things, mean the world to me.  And I thank God Every Day for the things I have .. and while I'm thanking him, I'm also asking him how I got so lucky.

Merry Christmas ... Happy New Year ... and may all your blessings be counted.

 

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Here, Here! I'll drink to that.
You are amoung one of my blessings.
XO

Amy said...

And you mine .. Lots of Love ..