Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What to do .. What to do ..

Since Uncle John has been in the hospital, Emily and I have had a few nights (and most of a weekend day) to ourselves (I do have an update, and will post it - but I think this blog today, is going to be more of a happy fun one.)

There are certain things Emily and mommy enjoy doing together - reading, playing games, coloring, laundry (I wish I was making this up ...) - among those are more, unconventional, activities.  We like playing silly games, pretending to hide, and find one another - while making the absolute LOUDEST noises possible .. see, we're hiding, but not really - this one, she particularly enjoys.  Hmmm I wonder why.

I received a delivery yesterday, from Tastefully Simple (I heart their products - so very much, and WILL be planning another soiree soon - so be on the look out!!) and the bottles were of course wrapped with - Bubble Wrap!  After starting dinner, and putting it in the oven (mmhmm croissant jazzing up recipe, coming soon) and giving Emily a quick tubby ... we needed something to keep ourselves occupied, that didn't include the television ... we're trying to keep tv watching to a minimum .. and so far, it seems to be working!

The following pictures depict what we decided to do, to occupy ourselves, while dinner was cooking:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Seriously, there was nothing better - after the week we had last week - than hearing those squeals of laughter, and watching her enjoy some plastic bubble wrap.  The dogs didn't entirely enjoy it, but we did ... Here's to more innocent moments of bubble wrap destruction.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Love, love love love love it. I too love bubblewrap. What a fun Mommy you are!