Monday, January 25, 2010

Little Things ..

 In today's economy, there is a lot to be thankful for.  Every day, it seems, I find something else little to be thankful for.  That's not to say, I don't have a LOT to be thankful for - I do - it's just the little things that jump out at me lately.

Mike and I have had to buckle our budget-belt a little tighter lately, not as much over time for him this past Winter means not as much "cushion" this Spring, and actually, the end of this Winter.  Which makes the "little things" mean that much more.

Waking up, in our own bed, under our own roof, driving to work in our own vehicle, wearing decent (newer even) clothes, being able to donate all our outgrown clothes, and having family, Our Very Own Family, not very far away.

When times of crisis arise, IE Haiti, 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, the wildfires in California, the ice storm of 08, the Drug Wars in Mexico .. you get the gist .. anyway, when times of crisis arise, it is always beneficial to have your friends, and more importantly, your family close by.   I am lucky enough to have that.  I am thankful that I am lucky enough to have that.

Of course, there are the "big" things too - Mike, Emily, our Dogs - Dexy and Pixie, our Cat - Sera ... I don't think I could ever live without any of those "big" things.  No, scratch that, I know I could never live without those "big" things.

Today, is my favorite day - ever - as are every "today's" that follow.  I Love Today.

And Today, I am thankful, very thankful, for the big things in my life.

Photobucket
(I Mean Come On - Wouldn't You Be?  She's Gorgeous!!)

2 comments:

Jessi said...

She is, indeed, one of the prettiest little cherubs I've ever laid eyes on. She's simply delicious.

Next time I can get cheap tickets- I'm getting them and we're going to do it up. Girl time. Emi, Amy, and Jessi <3

Amy said...

you are too much, and I look forward to it - you'll love her in person too - she's JUST.LIKE.ME!

love you Jessi!!