Thursday, July 29, 2010

Funtown - Splashtown .. USA!

This is the summer of discontent . wait . no, that's not any where near right.

This is the summer of different experiences - new experiences - fun experiences ... and it continues ... Emi's daycare recently took a field trip to a local amusement park called "Funtown Splashtown USA" it's a combination amusement park and water park ... there are over 45 rides, of varying sizes, degree of intensity - from the Dragon's Decent (a 225 drop) to the standard and ever present Carousel ... I had never been there before, and neither had Emi.  Daddy couldn't get the day off from work, so he missed this experience.  No worries, we'll be going back.

Our group consisted of 31 people.  9 adults, 22 kids .. of varying ages .. from 2 through 13.  At any given time I had no less than 4 children in my care, and they were all amazing.  Minimal meltdowns, and no tantrums or fighting to speak of.  They each got to ride every ride at least 3 times (well, their age/height/weight appropriate rides) with the exception of the Flume ride, bumper cars and the Antique cars, the lines for those 3 rides were insane ... We did only the "Funtown" portion, with 22 kids it was easier to keep track of them in smaller groups - away from the water park.  They didn't seem to mind.

Here are a few of the pictures I took .. there weren't many taken (maybe 85 I think) I had too much to look at and take care of to stop and shoot as much as I wanted too:

Photobucket
"We're at Funtown Mom, let's play!"

Photobucket
Waiting for the big kids to be done with the "Dragon's Decent"

Photobucket
Carousel Time!! 

Photobucket
The Frog Hopper - a small child's version of the dragon's decent .. they loved it.

Photobucket
See!?!?!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Emi and her BFF from School Kyrie .. they were inseparable all day!

Photobucket
The Antique Cars - Kyrie was a great driver!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Emi and Kyrie waiting for the big kids to be done with Excalibur, the roller coaster

These are my favorite pictures from that day:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Emily, Kyler, Kyrie and Brayden .. waiting for the big kids .. 

Photobucket
Emily, Kyrie and Sadie
snack time, at the end of a long - fantastic - day ... 

If you know anyone in the local area looking for child care?  I highly, highly, HIGHLY suggest Emi's daycare .. this field trip could have been chaos ... 31 people - 22 CHILDREN - loose in an amusement park?  We knew where everyone was, what everyone was doing, lunch was scheduled, snacks and bathroom breaks were scheduled.   Sue is an amazing woman, and if you know me, really well, you know I am not quick to trust people with the care of my child .. I would never hesitate to trust Sue.  If ever I needed anything, she'd be there for me, and I love her for that - and for what she's done for Emily.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Looks like a great time. What a happy little girl!

XO