Monday, May 7, 2012

Get the tissues ..

When I started this blog, it was with a post regarding my cat who had literally - just passed away.  It's been 2 1/2 years now, and I miss him every day.  

We told Emily, who was 2 at the time, that his body was just too tired.  He was old, not sick, just old.  He was tired.  He loves us very much, but it was time for him to go to heaven.  

We explained, that he's not WITH us, but he's with us.  Every night, she picks the brightest star and "that's Rufus" .. she tells him she loves him, misses him, and occasionally asks why he can't come and visit.  

Last night, after spending a great day on the boat, Em was doing "papers" ... which is what she says when she sits down to do math, or writing, or draw a picture.  


With a pencil in hand, and a Crayola Drawing Pad - she carefully tore out some paper, and sat down at her desk.   This is what she handed me:

Photobucket


I know it's hard to make out, and it's a horrid photo of it but -- as she explained it to me:

"This is Rufus, in the stars, and me (emily) talking to him."

Yeah,  Me Too.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

:(

That is too sweet!