Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Being Thankful

Every November - there seems to be a trend ... specifically on social networking sites ... to post, each day, what you're thankful for.  Personally, I sort of think it's a little cliche to ONLY post what you're thankful for during the Month of November.  Instead of conforming, because that is *so* not me, I post quotes - that make you think about the things to actually be thankful for.   Not the silly "coffee" or "clean sheets" ... that sort of thing ... but the mind bending "I never thought of it that way" ... those sort of quotes.

Truth be told, I'm thankful everyday, and like Valentine's Day, I don't need a particular time of year, to show it - to recognize it - to share it.   Thanksgiving is by far my most favorite Holiday.  Ever.  I'm not a big Christmas Fan, not even close.  It's too commercial for me, now, even with Emily now, I can't seem to get all that excited about it.  In fact, it's the opposite .. I dread the decorations, the parades, the music, (most of) the TV Specials, (most of) the movies .. I dread that time of the year.   However, that is not the reason for this blog.

In the Spirit of all the cliche status/tweet/text and email updates - I thought I'd post some of my favorite quotes.  So - here we go

If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for. 
~ Unknown

It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart. 
~ Unknown

A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues.
~ Cicero 

Every time we remember to say "thank you", we experience nothing less than heaven on earth.
~ Sarah Ban Breathnach

Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.
~ Christiane Northrup

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.

~ Epictetus

If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.


~ Meister Eckhardt


The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.


~ William Blake



There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.

~ Author Unknown 

I suppose the reason for this blog is to be thankful for everything and every ONE you have in your life - every day - and even the things you don't have.   In reality, it's the best gift you can give yourself.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Love this. Love, love, love it!