Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Reading is FUNdamental!

As part of my "52 books in 52 Weeks" Challenge ... I've been scouring the internet, book stores, friends shelves, and any other place I Can think of for titles that interest me.  Subjects that pique curiosity.

I have a varied palette when it comes to books.  I read everything.   There is literally nothing I wouldn't read, at least once.  I give everything a chance, and I devour information like a kid with a  Halloween Bucket devours their take after Trick Or Treat.

Now, I am not a Religious person - so to speak.  Honestly, I don't know what I believe anymore, nor do I know what I don't believe.  And while I fully believe questioning things is a completely healthy way to live life, I also believe that learning about other "options" is even healthier.

I follow a blogger, who is fantastic.  Unique, original, funny, charming .. you name it, I find her to be .. It.  Now, she is having a contest.

A Contest?  You Say?   Yep. A Contest.  One that I would desperately like to win (I don't win much, and this is right up my alley) ... she is giving away a copy of a book.  But not just any book, mind you.  nope.  Not just any old book off the shelf.

THIS book .. "Old World Witchcraft: Ancient Ways for Modern Days" by Raven Grimassi.   

From Amazon:


Old World Witchdraft reveals rarely discussed topics such as the concept of Shadow as the organic memory of the earth. Readers will learn rooted techniques that possess power because these ways have always been connected to it. They will learn methods of interfacing with the ancestral current and with the organic memory of the earth. Through these they can connect with the timeless arts and learn methods of empowerment directly from the ancient source.
Totally new information about familiar tools is presented. For example, the mortar and pestle is a tool for spell casting, a device that creates interfacing with plant spirits and with shadow, and a focal point for veneration of the Plant Kingdom. Grimassi also presents the art of using plant ashes for magical sigil work.


Photobucket
See, now THAT interests me.  That captures my attention.   I want to devour that.

While I'm not a practicing witch, or pagan, or anything like that - I'm interested in learning all about them.   The ways they do things, their beliefs and systems.  It interests me.  Far beyond my interest in the Paranormal and Ghosts, if you can believe that.   


If you're interested in trying to win this book (I'm Watching You!)  ----- just click here, on Mrs. B's name --- and read the rules to enter.  


With the colder weather upon us, I'd love to curl up with this book (and many others - let's be honest here) ... wish me luck!

Thanks Mrs. B for the opportunity!  




No comments: